March 12, 2014 zoom Windstar Cruises, a leader in luxury small ship cruising, unveils new plans for its Star Class yachts – a collection of three all suite ships joining the fleet over the next two years.Windstar will take delivery of Star Pride on April 17, 2014, the first yacht of Windstar’s 2013 purchase of the three luxury cruise ships.Today, Windstar introduced Star Breeze and Star Legend, scheduled to join the Windstar fleet in May 2015. The yachts will spend their inaugural seasons in Europe, cruising new regions in Northern Europe, such as Iceland, as well as the Mediterranean.“With only a maximum of 212 guests on board, these new Star Class yachts are the perfect fit for Windstar’s style of small ship cruising,” said Hans Birkholz, chief executive officer of Windstar Cruises. “All three of the new yachts will receive significant style changes and stem-to-stern upgrades to align with Windstar’s yacht style cruising.”Star Pride InauguralStar Pride will debut this year with its inaugural voyage and christening ceremony on May 5, 2014, in Barcelona, Spain, following a three-week transformation period. Mrs. Nancy Anschutz, wife of Mr. Phillip Anschutz, owner of Xanterra Parks & Resorts®, Windstar’s parent company, will be honored as Godmother of the yacht. Star Class TransformationThe three power yachts are identical, with a guest capacity of 212 in 106 suites. At 10,000 gross tons, each yacht is 440 feet long with a breadth of 63 feet and six passenger decks. Windstar will take delivery of Star Breeze on April 15, 2015, followed by Star Legend on May 4, 2015, in Genoa, Italy.Both yachts will undergo a major transformation to public spaces, suites, and dining venues to fit Windstar’s style of small ship cruising. Windstar’s signature experiences, including the line’s famous deck barbecue gala, the Open Bridge experience, and the celebrated Sail Away party will be showcased on board.Additionally, the Star Class yachts will introduce Windstar’s new Destination Suites. Each of the previous Owner Suites will be transformed into a signature Windstar destination.
29 September 2009A newly revealed Iranian uranium enrichment facility violates United Nations Security Council resolutions because of the delay in its disclosure, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said today. “This is a question of when you should inform your intention or the existence of such facilities, or a plan to be transparent and credible – when you have such intent to build these facilities,” he told a news conference at UN Headquarters, adding that he had made this clear to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad when he met with him in New York last week.The UN International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) confirmed last week that on 21 September Iran informed it in a letter that a new pilot fuel enrichment plant is under construction in the country.“They should have informed, notified the IAEA a long time before. Not just before everything would be completed,” he added. “What has happened before 21 September, while this facility was being constructed? Therefore, there’s clearly a question of transparency.” Mr. Ban said Mr. Ahmadinejad told him he would be ready to accept IAEA inspections, and he later met with Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki on the nuclear issue as well as that of promoting human rights.As Iran prepares to meet with Western powers in Geneva on Thursday over its nuclear programme, which it says is for the peaceful production of nuclear energy but which the United States and others say is aimed at producing nuclear weapons, Mr. Ban repeated his oft-stated argument that the onus is on Tehran to prove its case.“I made it quite clear that when they argue that their nuclear facilities are genuinely for peaceful purposes, the burden of proof is on their side,” he said. “I urged him [Mr. Ahmadinejad] to open the country’s new structure to prompt and full inspection, and to engage constructively in negotiations.”Turning to Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), Mr. Ban said he had stressed to Vice Foreign Minister Pak Kil Yon the importance of returning to the Six-Party Talks bringing together the DPRK, the Republic of Korea, Japan, China, Russia and the US in an effort to resolve the issue of Pyongyang’s nuclear programme.In June, the Security Council unanimously condemned the DPRK’s 25 May nuclear test conducted in “violation and flagrant disregard” of relevant Council resolutions.Mr. Ban said he thought DPRK showed a positive attitude towards his proposal to open a communication channel between it and the UN, and he assured Mr. Pak that the world body would continue to provide aid to address all the humanitarian difficulties, particularly the food security issue.
Canadian travel abroad rose in Sept, but fewer visitors came here: StatsCan OTTAWA – Statistics Canada says travel abroad by Canadians increased across the board in September, while the number of foreign visitors to Canada declined.Canadian residents took 5.6 million trips to the United States and overseas countries combined in September, up 2.9 per cent from August.Overnight travel accounted for about half of the total, or 2.8 million trips, the highest figure since record-keeping began in 1972.Canadian residents took 4.8 million trips to the United States, up 3.1 per cent from August, as both overnight and same-day car travel increased.Canadian travel to overseas countries rose 2.0 per cent to 809,000 trips.American residents made 1.7 million trips to Canada in September, down 0.9 per cent, while overseas residents made 372,000 trips to this country, also down 0.9 per cent. AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email by The Canadian Press Posted Nov 20, 2012 9:01 am MDT