Shell has completed a broadband 3D seismic survey extending to approximately 420 km2 over the Pensacola prospect on Licence P2252 in the Southern North Sea, offshore the UK.Cluff Natural Resources, Shell’s partner in the block, said that the seismic contractor Shearwater had completed the survey on August 21. The survey started on August 4, using the Polar Empress vessel.As Offshore Energy Today previously reported, Cluff Natural Resources in February entered into a farm-out deal and a three-month exclusive option with Shell in relation to the company’s Southern North Sea Licenses P2252 and P2437, respectively.On May 30, UK’s OGA approved the farm-out of License P2252 to Shell. Shell was assigned a 70 percent working interest in License P2252 and appointed as License Operator and Cluff retained a 30 percent non-operated interest in the license.Under the terms of the farm-in agreement, Shell is paying 100% of the costs of the Pensacola seismic acquisition, processing and interpretation work program until the end of 2020 or until a well investment decision is made.“The partnership is still on course to meet the timelines agreed with the Oil and Gas Authority (“OGA”) and a decision on the contingent well commitment is expected to be taken in the second half of 2020,” Cluff said on Thursday.According to Cluff statement on Thursday, the collected data will be processed, along with the existing legacy dataset, to pre-stack depth migration (‘PSDM’) with the final results expected to be received by early Q3 2020.The Pensacola prospect is estimated to contain gross P50 Prospective Resources of 309 BCF in an untested Zechstein Reef.Commenting, Cluff’s Chief Executive Graham Swindells said: “We would like to thank Shell and Shearwater for completing a safe and efficient acquisition program in what were challenging weather conditions for this time of year. The PSDM datasets represent a key step towards the drilling of an exploration well on the Pensacola prospect and we look forward to receiving the final products in due course.”“While awaiting delivery of the newly acquired seismic data, we continue to work with Shell on license P2437 as we progress the Selene prospect towards a drilling decision,” Swindells said.
According to Jeorge Bird, who is Gunners youth-team expert, Olayinka is among youngsters promoted to first-team training by Emery.“Matt Smith, Tormey, McEneff and Olayinka have been training with the first-team this week,” he tweeted.The 19-year-old had trained with the Gunners first team in the past and was part of the travelling party to the United States ahead of the start of the 2019-2020 season. The Gunners have a youth side filled with talent and Olayinka will be hoping to make his senior debut at some point this season. He’ll look at the likes of Gabriel Martinelli and Joseph Willock as inspiration as both players have cemented their status in the senior team.In July, Olayinka made quite the impression on Emery with a stunning goal as the Gunners beat Colorado Rapids 3-0 in a pre-season friendly.Olayinka, an 18-year-old midfielder, has yet to make his competitive debut for the north Londoners but gave Arsenal manager something to think about by intercepting a pass and curling the ball into the top corner from the edge of the box.“I’ve been here for 12 years now, so to finally score for the first team is a great feeling,” Olayinka said. “I’m sure everyone at home is happy and hopefully there are many more to come.”And team-mate Reiss Nelson came up with the perfect description: “It was a banger, you know. I believed in the young lad, I’m happy he’s got his first goal.”The youngster who was born on October 5, 2000 committed his long-term future to the London-based team when he turned 18, joining the likes of Saka and Arthur Okonkwo who signed new deals in the summer of 2018.Olayinka has been with the Gunners since he was 11 and has featured across several youth teams.Speaking to the Arsenal website upon signing his new contract, Olayinka stated that he was glad to be able to sign his first professional deal.He said, “It’s a great feeling. I’ve been here for about 11 or 12 years now, so to finally get to this stage is a dream come true. It’s a proud moment for me and my family.”Olayinka also stated that Emery’s use of youngsters such as Joe Willock, and Eddie Nketiah played a part in his extension and also stated that he intends to continue developing with the youth team.He said, “For all of us below them I think it gives us hope and let’s know that if you are doing the right things on the pitch and off it, the manager will see it and give you the opportunity. It’s just about taking it when it comes.“Personally, I just want to keep playing well and score a few more goals for the team. In terms of targets for the team, I think we can do better in the Premier League 2 and start picking up some more points, and for the u-18s we’re still in the FA Youth Cup. We’re in the last 16 now so it’s a good chance for us to go one stage further than last year.”Training with the senior squad will massively increase Olayinka’s confidence and shows that Emery does have some sort of long-term plan in place. The main thing, however, is for the player to keep himself grounded and keep working hard until his opportunity comes.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram When he signed his professional contract with Arsenal last year, James Olayinka was hoping that before long he would have a stint with the senior side just like compatriot, Bukayo Saka. However, in spite of having severally trained with first-team players he is yet to star for Arsenal at the senior level Nigerian midfielder, James Olayinka, was promoted to first-team training by Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, to make up the number in the team following the departure of many first-team players for national team duty during the international break.With 11 Arsenal first-teamers called up by their respective countries for international matches this month, the Spanish football tactician has invited some of the outstanding young talents at the club to make up the numbers.
President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Kurt Okraku has sent a special message to all clubs and football administrators in the country as the Coronavirus pandemic continues to rise in Ghana.In his message, he emphasized the effect of COVID-19 in the football industry, advised the clubs on the need to follow health protocols to help battle the pandemic and urged the industry and all its stakeholders to be united in these times.Read Kurt’s message below:Dear Club Owners & CEOs,One can not overstate the fact that the coronavirus pandemic has brought an unprecedented challenge for members of the football industry.As President of the Association and a club man, I know the extend of the challenges that clubs have gone through due to the current situation and the financial burden we continue to face as club owners, officials, players and as participants in the game.I share in this pain. However, we must also be concerned about our health and the need to take precautions at this extremely difficult time. There is the need to remind ourselves that, it is just a phase that will soon change when we all abide by the protocols given to us by state. I urge everyone to continue to fully abide by all the protocols and the directives.During this period, I am engaging with all the major stakeholders to ensure that the football family is included in the government’s stimulus package to alleviate some of the hardship in our industry.I will continue to positively engage the Ministry of Youth and Sports, Ministry of Health, the Ghana Health Service and Government for the advancement of our beloved sport.It is unfortunate that we have to wait a little longer for our Extraordinary Congress, where some key decisions would take to impact positively on the game.I would, therefore, call on all of us to rally around and fight this deadly pandemic for the good of the industry.Finally, I want to thank all Club owners, Administrators, Footballers, Coaches Referees, the media and everyone involved in our sport for your professionalism and dedication to service. You showed class and selflessness until the season was suspended because of COVID-19.Together we will win this battle. Long live Ghana Football#Bringbackthelove #CreatingwealthignitingpassionBest RegardsSIGNED Kurt E.S Okraku (President, Ghana Football Association).
Source: BBC Sports From FC Barcelona, we wish Barça legend, @RonaldKoeman a rapid and full recovery. Keep your spirits up! pic.twitter.com/qElhdhjpha— FC Barcelona (from 🏠) (@FCBarcelona) May 3, 2020 The Netherlands manager Ronald Koeman is in hospital in Amsterdam after being admitted with “chest complaints”.The former Southampton and Everton boss, 57, has undergone “successful cardiac catheterisation”, said his management company.Koeman, who made 192 appearances for Barcelona during his playing career, is expected to leave hospital on Monday.“He will need a few days rest, hopefully, it will be respected,” said a statement from his management company.His wife Bartina told De Telegraaf newspaper that he had been taken to hospital by ambulance after feeling unwell at home.“The speed with which he was taken to the hospital and the quick intervention of the doctors allowed his condition to be stabilised,” she said.During cardiac catheterisation, a catheter is inserted into a blood vessel and passed up to the heart and coronary arteries.Koeman, who scored 14 goals in 78 appearances for the Netherlands, became his country’s head coach in 2018.A statement from the Dutch football association, the KNVB, read: “Ronald Koeman was hospitalised on Sunday evening after chest complaints. He will return home tomorrow. We wish Ronald a lot of strength and improvement.”A tweet from the governing body’s account added: “That is a shock. Fortunately, things are going better again.”💙 l Everyone at #EFC would like to wish former boss @RonaldKoeman a speedy recovery. pic.twitter.com/oqkUURpmrU— Everton (@Everton) May 3, 2020
Our nation was built on dreamers and such is the story of Isaac Kissi.Some 14 years ago he was coming out of a chemistry class at the University of Ghana when he was told there were some American college coaches at the soccer field and they were looking for talented players.“It was the last day before they were leaving, so I said to our coach, ‘Let me try quick. You never know,’” Kissi recalled. “I actually borrowed a friend’s cleats and hopped into the action and the guys all got me involved.“Afterward, Paul Souders, the (assistant) coach from Dayton, said he liked the way everyone was drawn to me and my coach said, ‘Yeah, and he’s smart, too.’“And that’s when Coach Souders said, ‘How would you like to play soccer at the University of Dayton?’“I’d had chances in the past to go play in Europe, but my parents felt I was way too young to leave home and besides, soccer wasn’t guaranteed. But this was a chance to play and get an education. To me it was a no-brainer. “I had no clue where Dayton was, but I was like, ‘Hey, I don’t care. It’s somewhere in America!’ And back then every kid in my neighborhood had hopes of coming to the U.S.”In those days he said he embraced a popular world view of America:“America was the beacon of hope for everyone. There could be turmoil in the rest of the world, but America would step in and say, ‘Hey, knock it off! Get it together!’“I had dreams of being a part of all that. I had dreams of making a difference.”And since leaving Ghana, the 33-year-old Kissi has done just that. •He starred at the University of Dayton, leading the Flyers in goals and points as a senior and being named the team MVP and an All-Atlantic 10 first team selection. He got his degree and was drafted in the third round of the 2010 MLS Draft by Chivas USA.He played three season with the Rochester Rhinos of the USL before knee injuries all but shelved his career. He did return in 2018 to play for the Rochester Lancers of the NPSL, is the general manager of the Roc City Boom, a UPSL team in Rochester, and now he’s helped open a pipeline of talent from Ghana to UD that’s brought the Flyers some top players recently.•He also graduated from the University of Rochester nursing school in 2016 and now is a registered nurse who’s spent the past several months working on the front lines in the COVID-19 battle.He worked in the ICU unit at Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, where he was engulfed in the nonstop life and death struggles at the height of the pandemic in New York. And now he is doing COVID-19 testing in Rochester for the government.•And in 2017 he proudly became a United States citizen. Through all of this, Kissi has fully eclipsed some of those skewed theories and negative stereotypes too many people are embracing these days. Their narrow view of America is not what Kissi grew up idolizing and it certainly is not what made America great.Our strength has come from a diverse collection of dreamers from all over who make a positive impact in our melting pot nation.Kissi is that in many ways. He is:—An immigrant success story.—A black life that matters in so many ways. —A guy who puts himself on the line every day to help get the rest of us through the perils of COVID- 19. And in the process he is a voice of caution and reason when too many people are floating false narratives about the deadly pandemic.And along with all this, he’s also dealt with a heartbreaking loss of his own.His beloved father, Samuel Kissi – who did so much for him and his three siblings when they were growing up – had been in declining heath for the past several months.Last year Isaac had begun the procedure to bring his dad to America to get better medical treatment. But even though all the proper paperwork had been done for months, he said he was told by government officials he needed more proof that this was his dad.But the unnecessary red tape took a deadly toll. His 63-year-old father died in Ghana a couple of weeks ago. The paperwork finally had cleared a few days earlier, but by then his dad was too sick to travel.Former University of Dayton soccer player Isaac Kissi (center) with his late father Samuel (left) and older brother Stephen.Although he’s continued with his COVID-19 testing work, Isaac was forced to drop out of the classes he was taking to become a nurse practitioner. He wouldn’t be able to finish the semester.He is headed back to Ghana in eight days and the family will hold his father’s memorial service on Aug. 1.‘This is not fake’Samuel Kissi and his wife Comfort raised their four children on the principles of hard work and the strength of family. “My dad worked with all his might and strength to put us all through college,” Isaac said. “He worked as a driver and transport officer with the electricity company in Ghana. He would take the engineers to different sites.“He saved everything he could, so instead of staying in hotels on those trips, he’d sleep in his car or stay with a friend or just sleep on a bench somewhere. That way he could save those extra bucks and put them toward our tuitions or maybe get me those soccer cleats I had been pestering him for.”All four of the children did go to college.It helped that Isaac got scholarship money to go to UD, but he admits it still wasn’t easy for him in the beginning:“It was a big culture shock and I had to adjust to the weather – I didn’t have warm clothes – and I had to get used to the food, too.”What compounded his homesickness – something he said he told almost no one about – was that before he’d left Ghana, he and a young woman there had had a baby daughter.Isaac Kissi and daughter Gifty when she was younger.“It surprised us both,” he said. “Our daughter was a gift from God. That’s why I named her Gifty. Her mother was amazing. She understood the situation and my parents got involved, too, but I never spoke about it in Dayton. I didn’t know how people would react.”