SECOND MAN IN COURT ON INISHOWEN HOLIDAY HOME RAMPAGE CHARGES

first_imgA SECOND man has appeared in court charged with a 50k rampage through holiday homes in Inishowen.Bernard McDaid broke into the homes along with two other men – Ashley Nicholl and a third man on the run from Gardai – during a drunken orgy of destruction on January 31st 2010.The men wrecked the houses in Moville, Malin and Culdaff which belonged to holiday-home owners from the North and Britain. The men destroyed kitchens, stairs, living rooms, smashed mirrors and broke fridges and televisions during the rampage.It total they caused more than €56,000 worth of damage to the four properties.Bernard McDaid was named by his co-accused and a finger print linked him to crime scenes.McDaid was drunk and high on drugs at the time.Nicholl was jailed for two years this summer for each of the four burglaries with all sentences to run concurrently.He also suspended the last year and backdated the sentence from when Nicholl first entered prison in May.When McDaid, 21, appeared in court this week, he told the judge that he had been offered a job working for a kitchen company and hoped to take it up.“I was very stupid and I was taking ecstasy,” he said, apologising for what he had done.Judge O’Hagan said he wanted to see proof of a job and adjourned sentence until Friday for proof to be produced.SECOND MAN IN COURT ON INISHOWEN HOLIDAY HOME RAMPAGE CHARGES was last modified: November 7th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Bernard McDaidInishowenrampagelast_img read more

Read more on SECOND MAN IN COURT ON INISHOWEN HOLIDAY HOME RAMPAGE CHARGES