Gardai seek help tracing missing Limerick man

first_imgBilly Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Tim Dennehy, who is missing in Limerick since last MondayTim Dennehy, who is missing in Limerick since last MondayLIMERICK Gardaí are seeking the public’s assistance in tracing the whereabouts of Tim Dennehy (41), who is missing from Limerick City since this Monday.Tim was last seen in the Dooradoyle area of Limerick City on Monday night May 23 at approximately 11pm.Tim is described as being 5’8″ in height, of slim build, with short brown hair and a long beard.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up When last seen Tim was wearing a navy coloured Cork GAA hoodie with red sleeves, light brown trousers and brown shoes.Gardaí are concerned for Tim’s welfare and anyone with information is asked to contact them at Roxboro Road Garda Station on 061 214340, the Garda Confidential Line, 1800 666111 or any Garda Station. Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Linkedin NewsBreaking newsGardai seek help tracing missing Limerick manBy Staff Reporter – May 24, 2016 990 Print Previous articleSocials – UL Presidents Dinner 2016Next articleGarda Band and Brendan Grace join forces for McCabe Memorial Concert Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live TAGSDooradoylelimerickmissingTim Dennehy center_img WhatsApp WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Advertisement Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Facebook Twitter Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Emaillast_img read more

Read more on Gardai seek help tracing missing Limerick man

An ‘unspeakable tragedy’: Connecticut town stunned by arrest of 12-year-old in killing of twin sister

first_imgiStock/madsci(HARTFORD, Connecticut) — A 12-year-old boy allegedly killed his twin sister by stabbing her in the neck and torso and attacking his mother, a prominent lobbyist, in what a family friend described as an “unspeakable tragedy” in their Connecticut home, officials said.Brigid Curtin was identified Wednesday as the 12-year-old who was killed by her brother in their West Hartford home, according to the Hartford County Medical Examiner’s office. Brigid suffered stab wounds to her neck and torso, a medical examiner official told ABC News.Brigid’s brother also allegedly stabbed his mother, identified by her employer as Janemarie Murphy, 56, who survived the eruption of domestic violence Monday afternoon, police said.The boy was taken into custody after his mother called 911 about 3:30 p.m. “saying she and her daughter had been stabbed by her son,” according to a statement from the West Hartford Police Department.“Officers arrived on scene and located the two victims and the suspect,” the statement reads. “Officers, later joined by paramedics from the West Hartford Fire Department, immediately began emergency medical efforts to treat the mother and daughter.”Brigid and her mom were taken to St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Hartford, where the young girl died, police said. Murphy was listed in stable condition, police said.The attack remains under investigation and police declined to comment on a possible motive. Investigators continued on Wednesday to search the family’s two-story home, which has a holiday wreath hanging on the front door and decorative reindeer on the front lawn.John Droney, an attorney for Murphy and her husband, Timothy Curtin, declined to comment when contacted by ABC News.The boy, whose name has not been released, was also injured in the attack, police said. He was arraigned Tuesday in his hospital bed at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center on one count of murder with special circumstances and first-degree assault, officials said. The boy has been remanded to the custody of the Connecticut Judicial Marshals, police said.Officials said he is too young to be charged as an adult.“This is truly an unspeakable tragedy,” Chuck Coursey, a friend of the Murphy-Curtin family who is serving as their spokesman, said at a news conference on Tuesday.“I think that the first thing we all understand is there are no answers and things are difficult to explain,” Coursey said.Janemarie Murphy worked as a lobbyist for the Hartford law firm Murtha Cullina LLP.“We are devastated by the horrific tragedy affecting our friends and colleague Jane Murphy,” the law firm said in a statement. “Jane has been a valued member of the government affairs group of Murtha Cullina LLP for over 24 years. We are doing all we can to support Jane and her family, and asked everyone to please respect their privacy during this extraordinarily difficult time.”Prior to joining Murtha Cullina, Murphy served as a legislative aide to the Connecticut State Senate Majority office and the Senate president pro tem, according to her bio on the law firm’s website.Officials said her two children were seventh graders at Sedgewick Middle School in West Hartford, where records showed they were both honor students last year.“As mayor, this is just the worst nightmare to have a tragedy like this,” West Hartford Mayor Shari Cantor said at Tuesday’s news conference. “To lose anybody in your community is very difficult, but when it affects a family so deeply it’s just tragic.”On Tuesday night, a prayer vigil was held for the family at Westminster Presbyterian Church in West Hartford.“Like many in the West Hartford community, we are deeply anguished over the recent tragedy that took place in our town,” Rev. Julie Emery, the pastor of the church, said in a statement. “Our prayers are with the family affected, with the young people and parents in our community who are struggling to make sense of it all, and the emergency response workers, teachers and counselors who are working to find words of comfort and offer safe space for all of us.”Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Read more on An ‘unspeakable tragedy’: Connecticut town stunned by arrest of 12-year-old in killing of twin sister

North Summit Invitational Concludes Early Because of Snow; Gunnison Valley Competes There

first_imgApril 30, 2019 /Sports News – Local North Summit Invitational Concludes Early Because of Snow; Gunnison Valley Competes There FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailCOALVILLE, Utah-Tuesday, because of snow affecting virtually all of northern Utah in the late afternoon/early evening, the North Summit Invitational concluded unofficially after 10 events. The Gunnison Valley Bulldogs were the sole Mid-Utah Radio Sports Network school to compete at this event. Ethan Carter placed third in the boys’ 100-meter dash (12.04 seconds) while Zachary Stewart finished 10th (12.68 seconds). Harley Hill placed 21st (13.14 seconds). Sarah Liddiard placed eighth in the girls’ 1600-meter run (7:04.99). Zachary Stewart also placed 14th in the boys’ long jump (13-05). Tags: Gunnison Valley track The North Summit girls took the team title on their home turf, netting 137 points. Gunnison Valley placed ninth with 7 points.center_img Written by Bulldogs who competed included Garrett Francis, who won the boys’ high jump title with a leap of 5-feet-8 inches. He tied with Duchesne’s Gavin Davis for the crown. Gunnison Valley and the rest of the Mid-Utah Radio Sports Network schools will have a contingent Friday and Saturday May 3 and 4 at the BYU Invitational at Robison Track in Provo. Duchesne’s boys posted 102.5 points to claim the title with the Bulldogs finishing eighth with 22 points. Gracie Moysh finished third in the girls’ shot put (32 feet) and Ethan Carter placed ninth in the boys’ discus (80-06). Brad Jameslast_img read more

Read more on North Summit Invitational Concludes Early Because of Snow; Gunnison Valley Competes There

Man admits trying to rob Arsenal stars Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac

first_imgAshley Smith admitted trying to steal watches from the pair (Picture: Arsenal FC) Got a story for Metro.co.uk? Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] For more stories like this, check our news page. Footage showed Kolasinac fighting off the attackers as Ozil sat inside the Mercedes jeep (Picture: smhjaames) Sam CorbishleyThursday 3 Oct 2019 12:35 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link Sign Up for News UpdatesGet your need-to-know latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and moreSign upNot convinced? Find out more » Mesut Ozil’s car attacked by men wielding knives in LondonTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Play VideoLoaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 0:18FullscreenMesut Ozil’s car attacked by men wielding knives in Londonhttps://metro.co.uk/video/mesut-ozils-car-attacked-men-wielding-knives-london-1973730/This is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.A moped mugger has admitted trying to rob Arsenal stars Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac.Ashley Smith, 30, pleaded guilty to attempting to steal watches from World Cup winner Ozil, 30, and full-back Kolasinac, 26, in Hampstead, north-west London on July 25.Footage on social media showed Bosnian defender Kolasinac, nicknamed The Tank, chasing off two armed moped attackers wearing helmets and dark clothing.The club’s £350,000-a-week Germany midfielder Ozil can be seen in his black Mercedes G class jeep before he reportedly took refuge in a Turkish restaurant.ADVERTISEMENTSmith, of Archway, north London, was remanded in custody ahead of sentence at Snaresbrook Crown Court on November 1 by Judge Sheelagh Canavan. The defender tweeted soon after the incident to say the stars were ‘fine’ (Picture: David Price/Arsenal FC via Getty Images)Ozil and Kolasinac are back playing after missing the start of the Premier League season.AdvertisementAdvertisementJordan Northover, 26, has also been charged over the incident and is due to appear before magistrates on Friday. Advertisement Man admits trying to rob Arsenal stars Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac Comment Advertisementlast_img read more

Read more on Man admits trying to rob Arsenal stars Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac

Lookman Set to Dump England for Nigeria

first_imgHe spent the second half of the 2017-18 season on loan at Leipzig, impressing with five goals in 11 games, and made a permanent move to Germany this summer by penning a five-year contract with the Bundesliga side.Lookman has been capped by the Three Lions at U19, U20 and U21 level and would follow in the footsteps of Victor Moses and Alex Iwobi who both represented England at youth level before playing for the senior Nigeria side.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram England U21 winger Ademola Lookman is “open to the idea” of switching his international allegiance to play for Nigeria, according to Sky sources.The Nigerian FA have approached Lookman about the possibility, with the 21-year-old, who was born in south London, qualifying to play for the Super Eagles through his parents.Lookman recently completed a £16m move to RB Leipzig from Everton after making 36 Premier League appearances for the Toffees and starting his career at Charlton.last_img read more

Read more on Lookman Set to Dump England for Nigeria