French intelligence to question three reporters about Yemen arms leak

first_img Help by sharing this information April 26, 2019 French intelligence to question three reporters about Yemen arms leak FranceEurope – Central Asia Protecting journalistsProtecting sources Judicial harassment June 2, 2021 Find out more Follow the news on France June 4, 2021 Find out more News Receive email alerts FranceEurope – Central Asia Protecting journalistsProtecting sources Judicial harassment “We’ll hold Ilham Aliyev personally responsible if anything happens to this blogger in France” RSF says Use the Digital Services Act to make democracy prevail over platform interests, RSF tells EU to go further News RSF_en News Journalists have the right to refuse to reveal their sources, Reporters Without Borders (RSF) emphasized today after three French investigative reporters received a summons from the French domestic intelligence agency (DGSI) about a leaked classified report revealing the use of French weapons in Yemen. May 10, 2021 Find out more Any prosecution of these three reporters – Mathias Destal and Geoffrey Livolsi, the founders of the website Disclose, and Radio France’s Benoît Collombat – would constitute a serious press freedom violation, RSF said. The three journalists have been summoned for questioning at DGSI headquarters in Paris on 14 and 15 May in an investigation into a “compromise of national defence secrecy” that the Paris prosecutor’s office has launched in response to a complaint by the armed forces ministry.The summonses state that they are “suspected” of committing or “trying to commit” a violation of national defence secrecy by publishing reports earlier this month about the use of French weaponry in Yemen. Their stories were based on a memorandum from the Directorate for Military Intelligence (DRM) classified “defence-confidential,” which was passed to them by unnamed source.Under France’s January 2010 law on the protection of sources, journalists have the right to refuse to reveal the identity of their sources and the authorities cannot force them to do so.“We are concerned that the sole aim of this hearing is to use the threat of prosecution to put pressure on these journalists to reveal their source,” said Paul Coppin, the head of RSF’s legal unit. “As it is legally unable to force them to disclose the identity of their source, the prosecutor’s office is using the possibility of a charge of compromising national defence secrecy, a charge punishable by five years in prison and a fine of 75,000 euros. The mere fact of threatening such a prosecution for publishing information in the public interest would in itself constitute a serious violation of the public’s right to be informed.”RSF is of the view that the information revealed by Disclose in its “Made In France” story about the use of French weapons in Yemen is indeed a matter of legitimate public interest, as these weapons could be used in the war crimes that are being committed in the course of this conflict.France is ranked 32nd out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2019 World Press Freedom Index. News RSF denounces Total’s retaliation against Le Monde for Myanmar story Organisation last_img read more

Read more on French intelligence to question three reporters about Yemen arms leak

Brad Ratliff Elected President of 2017 Tournament of Roses

first_img Name (required)  Mail (required) (not be published)  Website  Herbeauty10 Easy Tips To Help You Reset Your Sleep ScheduleHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty8 Celebrities People Don’t Love AnymoreHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyA Mental Health Chatbot Which Helps People With DepressionHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty5 Things To Avoid If You Want To Have Whiter TeethHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty8 Easy Exotic Meals Anyone Can MakeHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty6 Lies You Should Stop Telling Yourself Right NowHerbeautyHerbeauty More Cool Stuff Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Community News First Heatwave Expected Next Week faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Brad Ratliff_2017 Tournament of Roses PresidentIn a ceremony this evening, the Pasadena Tournament of Roses® Board of Directors confirmed Brad Ratliff as president for the 2016-2017 Tournament year. Ratliff will provide leadership for the 128th Rose Parade® presented by Honda and the 103rd Rose Bowl Game® presented by Northwestern Mutual on Monday, January 2, 2017.Ratliff announced “Echoes of Success” as the theme for the 128th Rose Parade. “Echoes of Success celebrates those people, organizations and institutions that play a part in the stories of the success of others,” shared Ratliff. “Success cannot be achieved alone. It takes the support, dedication, compassion and love of many others to help in finding that satisfaction of success. Family, friends and teachers contribute selflessly and tirelessly to the success of many. These influences in our lives, these people of selfless commitment, these Echoes of Success make us who we are.”Ratliff has been a volunteer member of the Pasadena Tournament of Roses since 1988 and was appointed a chairman in 2004 and a director in 2007. Throughout his extensive Association career, Ratliff served on and chaired various committees including Equestrian, Queen & Court and Services & Properties. He was elected to the Executive Committee in 2009.Professionally, Ratliff is a member of the executive management team for Inline Distributing Company headquartered in Sylmar, Calif.Ratliff is a third generation Pasadenan and is a UCLA graduate. He and his wife, Susan, reside in La Cañada and have two adult children, Christen and Sarah. He enjoys spending time with Susan, waterskiing, reading, running and hiking. Ratliff follows in the footsteps of his father, Dick E. Ratliff, who was the Tournament of Roses president of the 110th Rose Parade and 85th Rose Bowl Game in 1999.About the Pasadena Tournament of Roses®The Tournament of Roses is a volunteer organization that annually hosts America’s New Year Celebration® with the Rose Parade® presented by Honda, the Rose Bowl Game® presented by Northwestern Mutual and a variety of accompanying events. The Association’s 935 volunteer members will drive the success of 128th Rose Parade themed “Echoes of Success,” on Monday, January 2, 2017, followed by the 103rd Rose Bowl Game. For more information visit www.tournamentofroses.com and follow us on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadenacenter_img Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Community News 3 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Subscribe EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS TOP STORY Brad Ratliff Elected President of 2017 Tournament of Roses Ratliff Announces “Echoes of Success” as Theme for 2017 Rose Parade® From STAFF REPORTS Published on Thursday, January 21, 2016 | 8:22 pm Make a comment Business News Top of the News last_img read more

Read more on Brad Ratliff Elected President of 2017 Tournament of Roses

Kristjan Byfield: Why my business has decided to quit Rightmove

first_imgEast London lettings agency boss Kristjan Byfield is famous for his chunky glasses and voluminous blond beard, but his decision to leave Rightmove really ignite a Rightmove rebellion and diminish the influence, and fees, of the portal?It’s something anyone who read his recent open letter to Rightmove has been wondering.His efforts have coincided with the formation of at least two informal industry groups which, along with many individual agents, persuaded Rightmove last week to change its fees offer as Coronavirus shut down the industry.But what drives the boss of Base Property Specialists to lead the charge? In an interview shared exclusively to The Negotiator, he has decided to explain.“Five years ago I was a big Rightmove fan and I saw it as an important partner within my business; good value and a good return on investment. I would often defend its value in front of other agents,” he says.“But Rightmove have a problem when it has an unprompted brand ambassador like me who sings their praises but, through its actions, turns that person’s views into the polar opposite.”Byfield says everything changed last year just before the tenants fees ban began when the portal handed him a 21% fees increase.He says their position was simple – either pay the increase, cut your package or leave.But the portal had picked the wrong person to pick a fight with.“I didn’t let emotion get in the way of my business decision to quit; for us it’s about how many quality leads came in, conversion rates and drilling down into the results,” he says.“And Zoopla overtook Rightmove four or five years ago in terms of business generated for us, for half the cost.”Byfield recognises that there have been waves of unrest like this in the past and it’s always come nothing – because everyone says ‘you go first.’“I always said if I left Rightmove I’d do it publicly. Because I think most people are waiting for someone else to step out into the line of fire.“I explained it to our clients including our many landlords who were very supportive and then quit when our contract came up for renewal. It’s been great to see the industry come together and it’s a pity it’s taken Coronavirus to do it. But I really hope it lasts.”Read more about Kristjan Byfield.Watch the interview in full Kristkjan Byfield Base Property Rightmove Zoopla March 27, 2020Nigel Lewis2 commentsPhilip Michael Priest, 4Corners Property Ltd 4Corners Property Ltd 28th March 2020 at 12:50 pmLets be honest, if you are looking for a property to buy or rent you carry out 2 searches;1. Rightmove2. ZooplaI have never searched for anything on On The Market.But when I am looking at listing a property to sell I look for 3 things;1. Board presence in the area2. “Estate agents near me” on my google search.3. Which agent comes up in the top 3 of my google search in my area3.1. Which agents have provided me value and connected with me on social mediaPoints 2, 3 & 3. are proving to be more powerful than before and coupled with good google reviews I am more likely to choose an agent based on these than the board presence. They in turn lead to No.1 for board presence.If you have the properties, you can be found.So my question is, what are the agents doing about Point 2 when looking to sell? the obvious answer is nothing except sending leaflets out to 1000’s of homes.I suggest any agent looking to move from Right Move speak to Andrew Stanton for a proven strategy for connecting with your clients.In addition, try looking after they buyers more. Only 11% of buyers use the agent they bought from, if you kept them happy then your repeat business might increase too.Log in to ReplySteve Way, Oxlets Ltd Oxlets Ltd 27th March 2020 at 11:56 amI gave notice to Rightmove in early March – been putting it off for ages – and do you know what…..feels great. Really quite liberating getting rid of a supplier that extorts you. It’s a simple business decision to make in terms of value for money, and to be honest from my experience, it’s never really given it. I joined because everyone else joined. They have ripped off their “clients” (or should we be called cash cows?) for far too long and I hope that other agents leave them too. The most important message to get out there is to the public, that not all agents use Rightmove and they could be missing out on their dream home if they blinker their property searches to one site. Zoopla combined with OnTheMarket are giving me plenty of good quality leads to rent my clients’ properties. Good riddance Rightmove!Log in to ReplyWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » News » Agencies & People » Kristjan Byfield: Why my business has decided to quit Rightmove previous nextAgencies & PeopleKristjan Byfield: Why my business has decided to quit RightmoveThe outspoken agent from East London explains his reasoning behind the one thing most agents fear most – making the leap and quitting the UK’s No.1 portal.Nigel Lewis27th March 20202 Comments3,703 Viewslast_img read more

Read more on Kristjan Byfield: Why my business has decided to quit Rightmove

UPDATED: Governor Holcomb’s Schedule for Week of May 15, 2017

first_imgSaturday, May 20, 2017What:                           Salesforce Tower Indianapolis Grand Opening CelebrationHost:                            SalesforceWhen:                          2:30 to 5:30 p.m. EDT, with remarks by the governor at about 4:20 p.m.Where:                         Salesforce Tower Indianapolis1 E. Ohio StreetSouth Side of Monument Circle (weather permitting)Indianapolis, IN 46204 When:                          11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. CDTWhere:               Riley Park Recreation Pavilion1005 E. Chicago Ave.East Chicago, IN 46312Thursday, May 18, 2017What:                           One Region Chamber ReceptionHost:                One RegionWhen:              3:30 to 4:30 p.m. CDT; a conversation with the governor at 3:40 p.m.Where:                         South Shore Performing Arts Center1040 Ridge RoadMunster, IN 46321Friday, May 19, 2017What:                           32nd Annual Bunker Hill Mini 500Host:                            Bunker Hill Elementary First GradersWhen:                          9:30 to 10:30 a.m. EDTDetails:              Celebrating a month-long study of Indiana, Bunker Hill Elementary School first graders will simulate the Indy 500 in hand-crafted racecars. Gov. Holcomb will wave the green and checkered flags and present trophies to the winners. Where:                         Franklin Central High School Football Stadium6641 South Franklin Rd.Indianapolis, IN 46259Saturday, May 20, 2017What:                           2nd Annual Boy Scouts of America Governor’s CampoutHost:                            Governor Eric J. Holcomb and First Lady Janet HolcombAttending:                    Approximately 100 scouts from the Crossroads of America Council, representing communities across the stateWhen:                          1 to 2 p.m. EDTPhoto Opportunities from 1 to 1:50 p.m.Availability from 1:50 to 2 p.m.Details:            The governor and first lady will join the scouts for the following activities at the residents:Obstacle CourseShooting SportsRed Cross TrainingResidence TourBasketballWhere:             Governor’s Residence4600 N. Meridian StreetIndianapolis, IN 46208 INDIANAPOLIS – Below find Indiana Governor Eric J. Holcomb’s public schedule for the week of May 15, 2017. Thursday, May 18, 2017What:                           Ceremonial Bill Signing for HEA 1144, regarding rail transit development in Northwest Indiana.Attending:        Gov. Eric J. HolcombMinority Leader State Rep. Scott PelathState Rep. Hal SlagerMichigan City Mayor Ron MeerMike Noland, President of the South Shore Rail BoardOther state and local officials and stakeholderWhen:               8:45 a.m. to 10 a.m. CDTWhere:                         South Shore Rail Station503 N. Carroll Ave.Michigan City, IN 46360  (East of Carroll Ave. on Holiday St.)Rain Location: 601 N. Roeske, Michigan CityThursday, May 18, 2017What:                           Ceremonial Bill Signing for HEA 1344, regarding assistance for residents in lead-contaminated areas of East Chicago.Attending:                    Gov. Eric J. HolcombState Sen. Ed CharbonneauState Sen. Lonnie RandolphState Rep. Earl Harris, Jr.Other state and local officials and stakeholders FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmailSharelast_img read more

Read more on UPDATED: Governor Holcomb’s Schedule for Week of May 15, 2017

Skalicky leads every lap of every Northern SportMod Nationals race

first_imgJesse Skalicky went home with $2,700 after leading every lap of every race he was in at Tues­day’s Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod Nationals at Hancock County Speedway. The main event win paid $2,500 with another $200 tacked on for his win in the dash. (Photo by Chad Meyer)By Chad MeyerBRITT, Iowa (June 20) – Jesse Skalicky and his crew had been looking for a special or two that didn’t interfere with their regular Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod weekly racing.After leading every lap of every race he was in at Hancock County Speedway’s Northern SportMod Nationals, Skalicky was looking for a place to put his $2,700 in winnings and a very tall trophy for the six-hour tow home to Fargo, N.D.Skalicky had never raced at Britt before Tuesday night but don’t be surprised to see him return soon. He led every lap of his heat race, drew the pole and repeated that flag-to-flag run in the $200 to win dash, then led every circuit in the $2,500 to win main event.“I have never had a night like this. It’s the biggest win I’ve ever been part of,” said Skalicky, whose previous top payday was $400 and dated to his pure stock days. “We had been looking around for specials and one of my crew guys saw this on Facebook.”“Being on a Tuesday, it didn’t interfere with my weekly racing,” added Skalicky, a regular at Red River Valley Speedway and North Central Speedway. “It was about a six hour trip for my chassis builder, D.J. Kubik at Fury Chassis. He met us at the track and helped.”Jake Sachau spent much of the 30-lapper chasing Skalicky. Sachau pulled even with the leader following a late restart but was unable to complete the pass and Skalicky pulled away over the last three circuits.Nate Whitehurst, Matt Looft and Sam Wieben completed the top five. Colby Fett was the $100 Croplan by WinField United Hard charger, advancing 11 positions to seventh.“We won everything we went into tonight. It was a blast. This was by far one of the coolest tracks I’ve ever been on,” Skalicky said following his eight win of the season. “At a race like this, every­thing has to be perfect, from the draw to the heat to staying out of the ‘B’ and “C” features. We were fortunate to win everything and start up front.”Forty-six Northern SportMods saw action Tuesday at Britt.Feature results – 1. Jesse Skalicky; 2. Jake Sachau; 3. Nate Whitehurst; 4. Matt Looft; 5. Sam Wieben; 6. Austin Schrage; 7. Colby Fett; 8. Nate Chodur; 9. Austin Luellen; 10. Johnathon Logue; 11. Jake McBirnie; 12. Taylor Musselman; 13. Nick Meyer; 14. Josh Appel; 15.Josh Meyer; 16. Ryan King; 17. Brett Meyer; 18. Kevin Goben; 19. George Nordman; 20. Jared VanDeest; 21. Gerald Curry; 22. Doug Cook; 23. Jared Boumeester; 24. Chase Rudolf.last_img read more

Read more on Skalicky leads every lap of every Northern SportMod Nationals race