Aon Hewitt Switzerland loses head of investment consulting

first_imgHe has been with Aon Hewitt for a number of years but initially worked at Watson Wyatt, which promoted him to partner in 2003.At the firm, he was also head of investment consulting.Thurnherr noted Zaugg would not be immediately replaced, as Dominique Grandchamp – who in February was appointed head of the department for French-speaking Switzerland, or Romandie – would be able to cover both.“We are not actively looking for a replacement right now,” Thurnherr said.Grandchamp previously worked at rival consultancy Mercer and is currently based in Geneva.He has worked as a management consultant at PwC and a relationship manager at Harcourt Investment Consulting.Prior to joining Mercer in 2011, he spent four years as CIO at Nara Capital, a fund of hedge funds manager. Aon Hewitt Switzerland is set to lose one of two heads of investment consulting, IPE understands.Willi Thurnherr, chief executive at Aon Hewitt Switzerland, confirmed Beat Zaugg’s departure to IPE.When asked about a timescale for Zaugg’s departure, Thurnherr said it would be over the course of the summer.Zaug is currently head of the investment consulting business for German-speaking clients in Switzerland, based in Zurich.  last_img read more

Read more on Aon Hewitt Switzerland loses head of investment consulting

No bail bond for rape suspect

first_imgResident Jenno Calinao, 21, was caught on the strength of an arrest warrant around 5:55 p.m. on June 3, police said. BACOLOD City – The court recommended no bail bond for the temporary liberty of a rape suspect arrested in Barangay Caduha-an, Cadiz City, Negros Occidental. The suspect was detained in the lockup facility of the Cadiz City police station./PNcenter_img Police officers served the warrant issued by Judge Gwendolyn Jimenea of the Regional Trial Court Branch 60 in Cadiz City dated March 11, 2020.last_img read more

Read more on No bail bond for rape suspect

Kvitova, Osaka Battle for Number One Ranking Spot

first_imgThe winner will replace Simona Halep as world number one. The Melbourne match between fourth seed Osaka and eighth seed Kvitova, who have never met before, starts at 08:30 GMT.Japanese 21-year-old Osaka is aiming to become the first player since American Jennifer Capriati in 2001 to win back-to-back majors after a maiden triumph.She hit 15 aces and 56 winners as she beat Czech seventh seed Karolina Pliskova, who knocked out 23-time Grand Slam champion Williams in the semi-finals.Two-time Wimbledon champion Kvitova, 28, eased to a 7-6 (7-2) 6-0 win over unseeded American Danielle Collins.Former Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli said both finalists are “playing at their peak” but that Osaka has the edge over Czech Kvitova.“Based on the level of tennis I saw in the semi-finals then I’d pick Osaka as the winner,” Bartoli said.“And I think you have to say the player who has lifted a Slam most recently is the slight favourite.”Osaka won the US Open in September by beating Williams in a dramatic final, although it was somewhat overshadowed by the American’s row with umpire Carlos Ramos.Williams appealed for calm in her runner-up speech, asking her supporters to “give credit” to Osaka’s achievement, while the Japanese player pulled her visor down to hide her tears during the trophy ceremony.Four months later, Osaka is back in another major final after becoming the first Japanese player to reach the Melbourne showpiece.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Naomi Osaka and Petra Kvitova meet in the Australian Open final today amid high emotional stakes and with the world number one ranking on the line.Osaka, who received her US Open trophy in tears, and to boos, after Serena Williams’ meltdown, can become the first player since 2001 to follow her maiden Grand Slam title with another.Kvitova, meanwhile, is in a first major final since being stabbed in 2016. Serena Williamslast_img read more

Read more on Kvitova, Osaka Battle for Number One Ranking Spot

GARDAI SEEK HELP IN FINDING MISSING DONEGAL WOMAN

first_imgGardai in Letterkenny are seeking the publics assistance in tracing the whereabouts of 44 year old Siobhan Mc Nulty who has been missing from Knocknamona, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal since 12th August 2013 at 8.45pm.It is believed that Siobhan may have visited the Dublin area. She is described as being 5ft 4″ tall with dark blonde hair. She was last seen wearing a pink top with grey shirt and grey jeans and carrying a black and brown bag. She speaks with a Scottish accent.Anyone with information or who can assist in locating Siobhan are asked to contact Letterkenny Gardai Station on 074-9167100, The Garda Confidential Line on 1-800-666-111 or any Garda Station.  GARDAI SEEK HELP IN FINDING MISSING DONEGAL WOMAN was last modified: August 14th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read more on GARDAI SEEK HELP IN FINDING MISSING DONEGAL WOMAN

Largest Dinosaur Mass Grave in Switzerland Found

first_imgAs many as 100 plateosaurs may be buried in a mass grave in Switzerland, reported the Reuters news service.  “The finds show that an area known for Plateosaurus finds for decades may be much larger than originally thought” – as much as a mile in width in the town of Frick, near the German border.  An amateur found bones while investigating a construction site.    The article mentions that Germany has two other large plateosaur burial sites.  It described the animals as peaceful herbivores that lived along a river delta.  Plateosaur fossils are common in Europe.  The four-legged herbivores, classified as Triassic, grew over 30 feet in length and could weigh as much as 1500 pounds.Must have been a bad day in dinotopia.  Anyone know of a modern example of hundreds of large animals like elephants or giraffes all being buried at the same time over many miles while grazing peacefully along a river bank?  We were once taught the present is the key to the past.  Remember the specimen found under the North Sea? (04/25/2006).(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)FacebookTwitterPinterestSave分享0last_img read more

Read more on Largest Dinosaur Mass Grave in Switzerland Found

KwaZulu-Natal golf course on par with the best

first_imgPrince’s Grant was designed by top South African course designer Peter Matkovich. (Image: Chris Thurman)A favourable climate and wealth of pristine scenery make golf a popular sport in South Africa, with enough course designs and terrain to suit all handicaps.Prince’s Grant, a premier golf estate in KwaZulu-Natal province, is but one of the many choices on offer. With so many South African place names linked to royalty, first-time visitors to the resort could be forgiven for thinking that Prince’s Grant takes its name from some imperial benediction or other.A cursory glance at some of the country’s place names seems to suggest an almost national obsession with royalty: Chiefs, amaKhosi in isiZulu, and other traditional leaders provide one set of descriptors: from the new King Shaka International Airport near Durban, to the Chief Maqoma heritage route in the Eastern Cape and 2010 Fifa World Cup venue, the Royal Bafokeng Stadium in Rustenburg, North West province.Then there are the designations that date back to the colonial era and the days before the country became a republic, alluding to successive generations of British monarchs: King William’s Town (that’s William IV); George (King George III, in case you were wondering); Queenstown (named after Victoria); Prince Albert (after her husband), as well as Port Edward and Kind Edward School (in honour of a visit in 1925 by the Prince of Wales, who later became King Edward VII).But the story behind Prince’s Grant is altogether less regal. George Wilson Prince acquired the land by “deed of grant” in 1856 as a sub-division of a much larger farm called Hyde Park.Later, in the 19th century, indentured labourer-turned-property tycoon Babu Bodasing bought the farm. It stayed in the Bodasing family for many years, and they remain shareholders of Prince’s Grant Holdings today.Top-ranked courseThe course at Prince’s Grant is consistently listed in South Africa’s top 20 in the annual ranking conducted by Golf Digest magazine – no mean feat, given the many world-renowned courses located across the country. It also hosts the annual National Amateur Championship, the SAA Pro-Am as well as other local PGA events.Designed by top South African course designer Peter Matkovich, Prince’s Grant was opened in 1994 and has grown into one of the country’s most prestigious coastal golf estates. It’s nestled on lush stretch of land along the northern coast of KwaZulu-Natal, about 75km or 45 minute’s drive north of Durban. Attractive holiday houses have been constructed on about half of the 460 residential stands, and many of these are available for rent by golfing parties and other visitors.The lodge at Prince’s Grant is a four star bed-and-breakfast facility with 15 rooms looking out over the course. As a holiday destination, Prince’s Grant also offers a pristine private beach, canoeing on the lagoon, health and beauty treatments, tennis and squash courts, swimming pools and conference facilities – but golf is without doubt the major drawcard.Gems of the Dolphin CoastPrince’s Grant is one of a handful of highly rated clubs on the Dolphin Coast of northern KwaZulu-Natal. These include the Tom Weiskopf-designed Zimbali Country Club, two courses at Mount Edgecombe, as well as Simbithi Country Club and Umhlali Golf Estate near Ballito.Clubhouse and lodge manager Dereck Hirson says that it is difficult to relate Prince’s Grant with these courses. On the one hand, they occasionally work together, combining their marketing capacity to bring golfers and other tourists to the area. After all, the Dolphin Coast is a little out of the way for many travellers. But, on the other hand, they are essentially competitors in a limited market. And golf tourism is as affected by local and global recessions as any other sector.In the roughThe course at Prince’s Grant is a challenge for scratch golfers, so it’s to be expected that high-handicappers, like myself, will find it tough going.Course management is key. At just under 6 000m off the club tees, it doesn’t require big drives, but it does demand accuracy. The rough can be unforgiving, and there are large tracts of out-of-bounds territory snug against the fairways. Take extra balls!It’s also wise to pay attention to the playful monikers given to each hole. For example, listen to the advice implicit in the nickname for the par-four 13th hole, which makes a dog-leg up a blind rise. It’s called “Stay Right”. I didn’t, and paid a heavy price. Fortunately, I was warned to keep calm on the first hole, “Temper Tantrum”, and managed to retain my composure even after I fluffed my drive right in front of the clubhouse.The 14th, “Windy”, is just that – but, to be fair, so is much of the course. Upcountry golfers should remember the golden rule when playing near the sea: take a lower club than you usually would, or you’ll end up short every time.Having said all this, perhaps the best counsel to follow is the old saying about not letting a round of golf become “a good walk spoiled”. The course offers unrivalled vistas over the ocean and surrounding fields. The signature 15th hole, for instance, drops dramatically from an elevated tee to a narrow fairway hundreds of feet below. When the views are this spectacular, you shouldn’t worry too much about your score.last_img read more

Read more on KwaZulu-Natal golf course on par with the best

Kylie Minogue Performs At An Unforgettable Evening For Charity

first_imgOn Thursday, May 2, 2013 The Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) Women’s Cancer Research Fund Honorary Chairs Rita Wilson, Tom Hanks, Kate Capshaw and Steven Spielberg, along with EIF Women’s Cancer Research Fund co-founders Kelly Chapman Meyer, Anne Douglas, Quinn Ezralow, Marion Laurie and Jaime Tisch welcomed guests to An Unforgettable Evening presented by Saks Fifth Avenue benefiting the EIF Women’s Cancer Research Fund at the Beverly Wilshire hotel.Hosted by Chelsea Handler, the evening included cocktails, dinner and an awards presentation. Grammy Award-winning artist Kylie Minogue accepted the 2013 Courage Award for her fight against breast cancer and dedication to raising awareness for the disease. The Nat King Cole Award was presented to renowned fashion designer Carolina Herrera for her charitable works and contributions to the EIF Women’s Cancer Research Fund, including her participation in the 2012 Saks Fifth Avenue Key to the Cure campaign. Honoree Herrera also dressed many of the evening’s notable attendees including Rita Wilson, Kate Capshaw, Kyle Minogue, Chelsea Handler, Julianne Hough, and Angie Harmon.The evening closed with a special musical performance by Grammy Award-winning artist Bruno Mars who sang a five-song set including hits “Runaway Baby,” a medley of “Money,” and “Billionaire,” along with “Locked Out of Heaven,” and “Just The Way You Are.”Additional guests in attendance included Kobe & Vanessa Bryant, Kirk Douglas, James Ferragamo, Vanessa Getty, Crystal Lourd, Mitch Glazer & Kelly Lynch, Angie Harmon, Tommy & Dee Hilfiger, Julianne Hough, Lisa Kudrow, Monique Lhuillier, Ron Meyer, Gelila Puck, CEO and Chairman of Saks Fifth Avenue Steve Sadove, Joel Silver, Steve Tisch, Amber Valletta, and more.The event marked the 16th anniversary of the Women’s Cancer Research Fund which continues to raise support for innovative cancer research, such as the Breast Cancer Biomarker Discovery Project and recognize remarkable individuals for their commitment to the cause. The Breast Cancer Biomarker Discovery Project is working to identify and verify biomarkers that will lead to the development of a blood test for the detection of breast cancer at its earliest and most curable stages. The Women’s Cancer Research Fund is also funding research being conducted at prestigious, National Cancer Institute (NCI)-accredited medical institutions, UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center and USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center.last_img read more

Read more on Kylie Minogue Performs At An Unforgettable Evening For Charity

Dominican fishermen released from prison

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppNassau, Bahamas August 3rd, 2017 — The Royal Bahamas Defence Force vessel, HMBS Madeira, captured two Dominican vessels and arrested both of their captains and crewmembers for illegally fishing in Bahamian waters last year November 2016. During the incident one of the Dominican vessels rammed the Defence Force vessel in a failed attempt to escape.The two Dominican vessels, Sheyla and Johnniel, were caught with approximately 68,000 pounds of fish and crawfish aboard. Altogether, 51 Dominicans were arrested. 50 of the poachers were subsequently charged with illegal fishing and sentenced to 6 months in prison or a fine of $20,000 each. However, the captain of one of the vessels was charged with endangering a vessel and subsequently sentenced to 16 months in prison.After serving their sentences at the Department of Correctional Services, 50 Dominican fishermen were handed over to Bahamas Immigration authorities in care of the Carmichael Road Migrant Detention Center for deportation. Nine months after the incident, the 50 Dominicans were subsequently released yesterday from the Carmichael Road Detention and transported to Prince George Wharf where they were handed over to the Dominican naval vessel, Almirante Didiez Burgos, to begin their journey home. The Dominican naval vessel was escorted in and out of Bahamian waters by a Defence Force patrol craft.The captain of the Dominican poaching vessel that rammed the Defence Force patrol craft, Victor Diaz, will remain in custody at the Department of Correctional Services until 2018. He had pled guilty to an additional charge of eight counts of causing the safety of HMBS Madeira to be endangered with intent to cause danger or harm; and one count of Damage. He was therefore sentenced to an additional 16 months at the Department of Correctional Services.last_img read more

Read more on Dominican fishermen released from prison

Hundreds of Sherman Heights residents against homeless storage warehouse

first_imgHundreds of Sherman Heights residents against homeless storage warehouse March 16, 2018 Posted: March 16, 2018 Dan Plante 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsHundreds of people in Sherman Heights are organizing for a fight against City Hall.The issue is a warehouse in their neighborhood that may become a storage facility for the belongings of over 1,000 homeless people.KUSI’s Dan Plante was LIVE with the story. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Dan Plante, last_img read more

Read more on Hundreds of Sherman Heights residents against homeless storage warehouse