Feasibility Study approved for for road safety measures at Shannonvale

first_imgTechPost | Episode 9 | Pay with Google, WAZE – the new Google Maps? and Speak don’t Type! Limerick City and County Council have informed Willie O’Dea TD that they have agreed to carry out a feasibility study on the need for a pedestrian crossing on the Old Cratloe Road at the entrance to Shannonvale.Willie O’Dea TD said, “Many residents of Shannonvale and surrounding areas had requested that a pedestrian crossing be placed outside their estate.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “Myself and Pat O’Neill have since met with senior engineers within the Council and have now been assured that a feasibility study will be done in the area and if a pedestrian crossing is warranted, the Council will apply for funding from the Department to do the job.The news has been welcomed by Local Fianna Fáil activist Pat O’Neill as well as the Fianna Fáil TD who have been working on the issue on behalf of local residents.Pat O’Neill who had helped secure the pedestrian crossing on the Clonmacken road said, “It was imperative that we acted as soon as residents brought this issue to our attention. The safety of local residents is paramount as there are a lot of elderly residents and young families living within the estate and for them to enjoy the convenience of the local amenities, their safety in crossing what is a very busy road needs to be taken into account.Pat concluded, “We have speed ramps in the area, but these are not serving their purpose and I have also asked the council to look at the height and shape of these, as some have caused damage to the undercarriage of cars due to being so severe.” Shannon Airport braced for a devastating blow TAGSLimerick City and CountyNewspolticisShannonvaleTransport NewsPoliticsTransportFeasibility Study approved for for road safety measures at ShannonvaleBy Staff Reporter – June 18, 2019 224 Facebook Previous articleLeggy Limerick & Stars of the Future- Talking points after Tipperary defeatNext articleTies between Shannon Free Zone and the Chinese Government stronger than ever Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Linkedin WhatsApp Twittercenter_img Local backlash over Aer Lingus threat Housing 37 Compulsory Purchase Orders issued as council takes action on derelict sites Print Limerick on Covid watch list RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Advertisement Email Is Aer Lingus taking flight from Shannon?last_img read more

Read more on Feasibility Study approved for for road safety measures at Shannonvale

Full jury seated in trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin

first_imgimaginima/iStockBy BILL HUTCHINSON, ABC News(MINNEAPOLIS) — A full jury has been seated in the murder trial of Derek Chauvin, the white former Minneapolis police officer charged in the death of 46-year-old Black man George Floyd during a May 2020 arrest that ignited protests nationwide.The panel of 12 jurors and three alternates was finalized on Tuesday morning after defense attorneys, prosecutors and the judge presiding over the case in Minneapolis spent 12 days questioning a pool of potential jurors on everything from their thoughts about racial inequalities of the justice system, the Black Lives Matter movement and whether they had formed any preconceived opinion about Chauvin’s guilt or innocence.Hennepin County District Court Judge Peter Cahill decided last Friday not to move the trial’s location nor delay the proceedings.“I think the pre-trial publicity will continue no matter how long we continue it,” he said, adding, “I don’t think there is any place in the state of Minnesota that has not been subjected to an extreme amount of publicity in this case.”During the jury selection, two jurors that had been picked for the panel were removed from the case after inadvertently seeing or hearing about news reports that the city of Minneapolis had reached a $27 million settlement with Floyd’s family. The two dismissed jurors said the announcement affected their ability to remain impartial and decide the case based solely on the trial evidence.Cahill also said Friday he did not believe pretrial publicity in the case will cease and ruled that an extra juror be added, upping the number of alternates from two to three.Cahill noted that of the 326 people selected to be part of the prospective jury pool, more than 60 were individually interviewed in person during the 12-day process.The opening statements in the trial, which is being televised on Court TV and streamed online, are scheduled for March 29. The evidentiary portion of the trial is expected to last up to four weeks and could include nearly 400 witnesses.Chauvin is charged with second-degree unintentional murder and second-degree manslaughter. A third-degree murder charged was reinstated against him during the jury selection process after the Minnesota Court of Appeals ruled that Judge Cahill erred when he dismissed the count in October and instructed him to reconsider his decision.Chauvin has pleaded not guilty to the charges.Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Read more on Full jury seated in trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin