Jannayak Janta Party (JJP) leader Dushyant Chautala, who has emerged as kingmaker in Haryana, will be meeting his 10 legislators in Delhi on Friday to decide which party to support in order to form the next government in the state, sources said on Thursday. The Haryana Assembly poll verdict threw up a fractured mandate with the Congress winning 31 of the 90 seats at stake and the BJP bagging 40 seats. The half-way mark is 46. Though Mr. Chautala has remained non-committal on whether his party would support the BJP or the Congress, party sources said that he is likely to meet Union Home Minister and BJP chief Amit Shah soon. Sources also said that the BJP too would like to have him onboard and make him an equal stakeholder in the state government as it would help reduce dependence on Independents, even though many of them are BJP rebels. The BJP was weighing its options, sources in the saffron party said.The Bharatiya Janata Party, which formed its first ever government in the state on its own in 2014, needs support this time to come to retain power. In this scenario, role of both Independents and JJP is crucial. With 31 seats, the Congress will need the support of the JJP as well as seven Independents to come to power which looks like an uphill task. Earlier in the day, Mr .Chautala while commenting on the trends which were available at that time had said, “This shows there was huge anti-incumbency against the (Manohar Lal) Khattar government.” But when asked whether his party will support the BJP or the Congress, Chautala remained non-committal.“It is too early to say anything. We will first summon a meeting of our MLAs, decide who would be our leader in the House and then take it further,” he told reporters.“People of Haryana want change,” he added. Notably, Mr. Chautala had floated the JJP in December last year after a vertical split in the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) following a feud in the Chautala clan.The INLD was decimated in the polls and could manage to win only one seat.
May 16, 1997Brent & Siempre in the woodshop.
After. [Photo & Text: sa] Dave Tollas and crew are working on the preparation. [Photo & Text: sa] May 28, 2004 The work area in the Arcosanti foundry apse is readied for some needed improvements. [Photo & Text: sa Crews from several departments are ready to help. The concrete has to be wheeled to the level below the foundry and handed up in buckets. [Photo & Text: sa] Three pillars will support the extended work area. John Spinner and Gabriel Hendrix. [Photo & Text: sa] Bucket brigade. Many hands make the task possible and fun. [Photo & Text: sa] After the pour, tired, yet exuberant. [Photo & Text: sa] Before. [Photo & Text: sa] Thanks to ongoing maintenance by Dave Tollas, the trusty old concrete truck continues to be of great help. [Photo & Text: sa]
State Rep. Beth Griffin today voted for legislation that will eliminate driver responsibility fees and open a path for people to get their driving privileges restored.Griffin, of Mattawan, said she applauds the legislative package that eliminates an ill-conceived fee that people charged with driving offenses were forced to pay on top of court costs and fines related to their offenses. She said the fees caused financial hardships on hundreds of thousands of Michigan families.“People who were forced to pay driver responsibility fees often lost their main source of income because they had their driving privileges revoked, making it difficult to get to and from work,” Griffin said. “This created a situation in which people were unable to escape from deep debt, and were sometimes forced to depend on public assistance.”The fees were enacted by a previous administration dealing with a budgetary shortfall under the guise of using the fees to improve the driving habits of those paying them.Griffin said the legislation on its way to the governor will help people get back to work so they can earn a living and provide for their families.The legislation is now under consideration by the governor.##### Categories: Griffin News,News 14Feb Rep. Griffin casts vote to end burdensome driver responsibility fees Legislation opens door to restore driving privileges
Jewish News 1, the 24-hour international news channel launched in September, is now available on the internet.The channel is available on the web at jn1.tv. Jewish News 1 is currently also available in English over Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and European Russia via the Astra 4A, Hotbird and Galaxy satellites. The service also plans to broadcast in other languages in the future.The channel is backed by Ukrainian businessmen Igor Kolomoisky and Vadim Rabinovich, and has studios in Tel Aviv, Brussels and Kyiv, airing international news from a Jewish perspective.